Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beautiful World, Beautiful Children, Beautiful Words

International Year of the Reefs 2008
- Celebrating Nature and Children and Writing

Dearest Friends,
Children are without doubt angels! I know because I am a father! : )
I have been a child before too. I still am... ha ha! : )
The potential in children is so great... it is vaster than the sea... it reaches yonder the horizon... up the star-laden universe... and in the deepest and purest recesses of their happy sparkling eyes too...
I know such things because I am a father.
Children are also expression persona - born to be free... to express, to sing, to draw, to speak, to laugh... to play... to shout from the mountaintop... to be children.
There is something about our beautiful world and our beautiful children... they are one. Can you not see them in the sky and hear laughter in the sea... and vice versa? I do. : )
Let us celebrate the joy of life through writing in year 2008. Let's celebrate the sea together in the International Year of the Reefs. Let's explore in the great outdoor together in Nature's best playground... Chek Jawa, Sungei Buloh, Changi, Sembawang, Southern Islands...
So, can children write? Yes, first, give them the space to be free!
I cannot say it more clearly than from the space of the heart... of a child and a father... than mine. I am sure you will see yours in mine too...
intrigue and perspectives...
planting seeds of love...
the genius, the inventive spirit...
the clown and cheekiness...

the soul of my heart...

me he... who me... he?...
growing up and living it...

Can a child write? YES!!! : )
Joe Lai

1 comment:

Nancy Loh said...

Yes, indeed, a child can write!