Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Inspiring Words by Young Writers & Responding with Encouragement

30 Jan 2008
Dear young writers,

some of you are quite creative in using monikers. I especially like this Jediforce70! So cool!Wonder if Jediforce70 owns a light saber like all the Star War heroes. : )

Thank you for sharing with us your experiences at Changi Beach in your respective blog. I look forward to seeing you more at future shore walks and yes... more writings on your blogs too!

See below: another six young writers I have provided comments for.

Uncle Joe : )

Comments for Jabez:
Dear Jabez, you must be one of the youngest bloggers in town! Wow! I am glad you enjoyed blogging and 'typing' away at the computer. Writing is fun but let me tell you a secret of mine - something that helps me in my writing. I think it will help you alot too. You see, my 'secret weapon' is my trusty notebook. In fact, I have so many; each special in its own way. Whenever I read or see or hear or thought about something interesting, I write it down in my little notebook. I also draw or sketch inside. If you ask me how my notebooks have helped me in my writing, I must confess to you that I am quite forgetful. By recording interesting facts and words in my notebook, I know I will be able to find them again if I need them. You see, I often use facts and words that I have recorded long ago... even several years ago. So, do keep a notebook. That's the way to write. When you have finished writing, for example, a story about a snail you have seen, you can ask your mum or dad to allow you to type it into the blog on your computer. Now that I have shared my 'secret weapon' with you, keep writing and keep smiling! : )
January 29, 2008 10:50 AM

Comments for Jared:
Wow! What a beautiful hymn! Even without the music, I could hear the rhythm of the beautiful lines in my head. Thanks for sharing it with us. Jared, I must say I am very impressed by your English Language proficiency. I can tell, not only by the natural way you write, but by the way you speak. If you keep at writing, I believe you will be even better. So, keep on writing and keep on smiling. I like saying this to children because I truly believe a happy writer always writes well. Try writing a poem, will you? I believe you can. : )
January 30, 2008 2:26 AM

Comments for Jediforce70:
Ha ha! You are so chirpy and so honest! I feel happy reading your blog. : ) Well done! I am also pleasantly surprised by your snake blog. What an expert you are with snakes! If you like to learn more about snakes, or have a snake you like to identify, please ask your mum or dad to visit a very interesting blog with you. It is called SLOG. The link is: http://singaporesnakes.blogspot.comYou will definitely find SLOG incredibly informative. It has lots of interesting photos of snakes in Singapore. In the meantime, keep writing and keep smiling, ok? : ) Uncle Joe
January 29, 2008 9:16 AM

Comments for Natasha:
Hi Natasha! This is Uncle Joe. : )You are most polite to thank me, aunty Ria, ko ko July and jie jie November. We would also like to thank you and your family for coming along with us to Changi Beach. Do you know why? It is because it makes us very happy just by showing children the marine creatures that are living in the shallow seas around our home country Singapore. You see, all these creatures are alive and have been living here long long ago. If you ask me how long, I would say 'millions of years ago!' The place where they live is called their Habitat. Have you come across this word? Animals - whether in the seas or on land or in the air - share the same habitat as us human beings. So, in taking care of the animals and their habitat, we are also taking care of ourselves. We share the same habitat call Earth. Isn't it wonderful to be surrounded by so many interesting animals! I look forward to another shore walk with you and your family. In the meantime, keep writing and keep smiling! : )
January 29, 2008 8:56 AM

Comments for Tze Kay:
Hello, Mousey! hee hee! : ) That is a cute moniker that you have chosen for your blog. A moniker is not a monkey, ok. It is a nickname, a 'fun' name, that you and I call ourselves. But sometimes, other people give affectionate monikers to us instead, esp. to children. My aunties and uncles used to call me 'egg' because I was crazy over eggs when I was very young. Hee hee! I eat lots of them - steamed eggs, boiled or half-boiled eggs, tea-eggs, and even century eggs and salted eggs. Every time I eat eggs, I must eat two at once. So greedy, me! Well, enough about me. I think your little sister is so cute and so inquisitive too. Please do explore more beaches with your mum and dad, but do take care of your little sister, ok. Sometimes, sea snails can give a nasty sting. So, never ever pick one with your bare hands, ok? I like your writing, so keep writing and keep smiling! : )
29 January 2008 08:26

Comments for Masterblogger:
Hi Masterblogger! : ) You know what? You have just inspired me with a wonderful idea! Just imagine how nice it would be if I could convince our national parks authority to put up educational signages that are written by children like yourself. I think your message would be double or triple times more crystal clear and powerful in moving the adults into positive actions. Yes, I truly believe in this. Your well-taken photo also show how pollution really looks like! Yaks!That's another powerful way to tell the sad story of our polluted environment. But with you and other young writers writing, we can change the world for the better! Yes, keep writing and keep smiling! : )
January 29, 2008 8:06 AM

No comments: