Saturday, March 22, 2008

An Easter Surprise

Easter Sunday: 23 Mar 2008
Dear friends,

by some strange coincidence, I came to adopt a bunny for Easter. I found her abandoned in Peirce Reservoir Park on Wednesday while guiding some Raffles Girls. I could not find the heart to leave her there exposed to the merciless elements and the alien forest nearby. I thought, if the monkeys do not taunt her to death out of curiosity and rough play, the common red ants might... to an agonisingly slow death.

Happily, I found her again after my guided walk and took her home. Our cat Gila seems to take to her very quickly and they are becoming quite pally.



We enjoy looking at them... so chummy!


Gila is learning to eat grass too. Ha ha!

I don't have a name for her yet. It could be a 'him' though. I may just have to wait a little bit longer to gain enough of her confidence before turning her over to ascertain the gender. Well, at least for now, I am pleased she know how to go to the toilet to poo-poo and pee-pee! : )
Joe Lai

No comments: