Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Family Gathering

I find myself in the field again today. Like so many times before it's like home. And it's the best home to be, this field of openness. The sky for the roof, the billowy clouds for my head and the breeze of familiar green giving thoughts quiet pools for reflections in the forest. And when it rains, you feel so alive.

Today I am with friends again, brothers and sisters that they be. A spider I bow to speak, a tree I raise my brow to in adoration... and then from on high descends a bird of rainbow light brightening a branch above. Funny how it seems that we are so complete: a spider, me, a tree and a bird. We are family; family in the depth of time and space; a moment in time as a family gathers around a spot of earth away from the artificial world.

A solitary ant-like spider the size of a 10c coin.

Ternstroemia penangiana flower.

Aborted female flower.

Chestnut-winged Cuckoo.

No comments: