Sunday, February 18, 2018

Poem: My Little Candle

My Little Candle

my little candle
does shed
a little circle of light
which guides
my way in life
on a migratory flight

the warmth I feel
within my heart
it stay
and in the setting suns
on my horizon
does my spirit play

rejoice thus I
within its glow
a flicker on my cheeks does show
to smile with nature’s creations
whose names
I need not know

so might I remain
forever true and free
from snaring Dead Knowledge
to hold fast my candle vigil
over the lightness
of my passage

whence with age my eyes doth fail
I hope the sparkle within
to keep
and follow my heart
into the wonders
of a star-spangled sleep 

- Joseph Lai

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely little poem about growing old gracefully and joyfully. Yes we are a little older, a lot more wiser perhaps, wistful sonetimes but never losing that sense of purpose in life n living always with passion.